Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Breaking Bones

Recently, I was comparing medical histories with someone. This was not the first time I have discussed this random topic, except for this time I had never received this conclusion from it. On average, the friend will usually state a total number of injuries had in their lifetime and along with every cut or broken bone, comes this amazing, daring experience, most of the time very worthy of the cost. The only bad cut I have ever had I got by pulling up a weed, that's right. I received 7 stiches for this sad little cut. Usually when I have this conversation I am always swelling with pride in the fact that I have never broken a bone. Shortly after admitting this fact I knock on wood and give a little giggle as if to be like "I am awesome and responsible". Then the statement, "oh wow, you are 22 and have never broken a bone" will then usually come out of the individuals mouth. Leaving me to translate this as some sort of accomplishment. Now if you are reading this right now and you can relate to me...listen.

In this particular convo...the response was a little different. Nothing could have prepared me for this person response to my confession of accomplishment. He then says, "wow sheena, you need to get out there and do something". WHAT??? You mean me saving myself from physical distortment isn't doing something?? He was so right!

PEOPLE WE NEED TO BREAK SOME BONES!!!! By this I dont mean run out of your place of residence and pick up the nearest baseball bat and smash the crap out of your leg. I mean, what fun is to be had by always living in fear of falling, or failure. We are going to get hurt, we can't do anything about that. We are totally going to miss out on the sidelines, while people win gold medals, get record deals, write books, make movies, fly planes, fall in love, show christ to people or just simply trying a really odd looking piece of food that happens to be amazing.

I am so bad about this (not the food sampling, I am always up for that). I want to take the easy safe route in life to avoid all of those "broken bones". God's way isn't easy, in fact he promised us it wouldn't be. New goal in life: Risk breaking some bones! Can I get an amen??

ps It is so late right now...I hope this makes since!

1 comment:

Kathi P said...

AMEN sista! you an me both..i like to play it safe...except for that time we went to that faith healer in college.

you should write a book!