Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Put this in your Burrito and eat it!!

I have lived my whole life with this huge dilemma. That is right, my whole life and have yet to find a good solution to my problem. I have yet to master this and believe me I have made it my life’s work to come to a safe resolution, but it has yet to be solved. I am hoping that others have lived with the same problem and maybe some that are willing to admit it or even better, some one that has figured out how to avoid it. Maybe you can answer my question…

Question...what do you with your eyes when you are hugging someone in the middle of a group of people?? There are only a few options and each is equally awkward.

1. Do you close your eyes?? For everyone around looking on, it just appears as if you are way to into the hug and probably need to step away.

2. Do you stare at the person right in front you and smile? With this option you are just left with an awkward visual exchange with another person while you are in a physical exchange with another. Basically you are emotionally hug cheating. Just not appropriate.

3. Do you look up? Hmmm, I am thinking now way on this one. If you attempt this, it will just look like the next move you should make would be to swat at a fly zooming around above you. Or it could lead everyone to believe you were praying to the heavenly father that this hug will not last any longer then it needs to.

4. Do you hug from the feet up to the waist and then lean back and look them in the eye?? Obviously not, unless you are planning to both participate in a mutual spin.

I mean seriously, there is no good, logical option. Maybe we should just stop hugging in these situations all together. I mean the people around didn’t wake up that morning hoping they could WATCH a good hug that day. I mean I can’t stand when I am the on looker and then someone maybe chooses the option of finding someone in the outer circle and making eye contact with me and smiling. AHH…I get chills just thinking of the awkwardness that fills me. I say we start respecting others around us and keep the hugging to closed doors and private moments.

4 comments:

Kathi P said...

sheena! i forgot that you blog until i looked at your facebook profile! please blog more...your posts are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

what if you run into a situation where someone is hugging you TOO tight? Do you mask the pain with a smile or show a grimace? I think you've probably encountered that before. I'm also glad you have a blog. I didn't know!

Melanie said...

Haha I just ran across your blog and that is funny! I agree to all those points. I think maybe awkwardly/slowly rubbing there back while looking them in the eye would be the best!
P.S. Do you still live in Dallas? I just moved here in December!

Juli said...

Hi Sheena! It has been forever but I still think about you often. I didn't know you were a blogger! Please continue- I love them! In fact I will add you to my blog- link list. I am at www.juliteeters.blogspot.com

Hope things are great with you!